The goal of our Early Childhood program here at Saint Agnes School is to instill a love of learning in a faith based environment to the young children entrusted in our care. Our dedicated faculty use concrete materials and “hands on” experiences to facilitate academic learning through discovery. Our PreK3 and PreK 4 programs provide developmentally appropriate educational curriculum in a safe, healthy and stimulating physical environment where your child will become aware of God’s love as experienced in family, parish and community. Open communication and collaborative relationships with parents is the key to our school’s success!
The goal of our Early Childhood Program is to instill a love of learning in the young children entrusted to our care. We provide a faith-based learning environment where children will be introduced to the main religious concepts and the feast days celebrated throughout the school year. The early childhood years are a gift of time which will enable the young children to experience the joy of being created and uniquely gifted by a loving Father.
Therefore, an Early Childhood Program in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia provides the following:
- growing in awareness of God’s love as experienced in family, parish and community
- developing awareness that he/she is a child of God and will grow in His love
- developing a positive self-image
- developing a social-interdependence with adults and peers
- experiencing situations enabling the child to communicate effectively with others
- developing motor skills which will lead to proficiency and coordination in action and movement
- using concrete materials and “hands-on” experiences to facilitate learning through discovery
Through an introduction to math and reading, children will be introduced to academics by experience and learning through doing as a preparation for kindergarten.
Our PreK 3 and PreK4 classrooms follow the Archdiocesan of Philadelphia guidelines consistent with the philosophy of Catholic Education. The Catholic program of instruction fosters motor, creative, manipulative, imaginative, rhythmic and language skills and effect spiritual, physical, mental social, emotional, and aesthetic development of children 3 to 5 years of age.
Learning experiences include:
- Language Arts
- Free play /outdoor play
- Gross Motor Skills
- Fine Motor Skills
- Expressive arts including music, art and dramatic play
- Perceptual activities
- Social Science and intercultural activities
- Nutrition Awareness
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Computer/Technology Skills
Enrichment Activities are offered every afternoon for our PreK 3 and PreK 4 students. Enrichment Activities Include:
- Soccer Shots – Introduces students to soccer and encourages group and team play fundamentals, active life style habits, strong character skills and more!
- Dramatic Youngsters – Offers students the opportunity to explore characters and stories through movement, voice and theater games.
- ATA Karate – Introduces students to the martial arts discipline
- Art – Where children develop an appreciation of various artists through hands on learning
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd – a model of faith formation for young children